Beyonce With Darker Skin – Insult or Art?18 Comments

By SassyChic
Posted on 28 Feb 2011 at 6:40pm

Both the story and the amazing pictures that follow caught my eye for two reasons. Beyonce looking amazing in beautiful Nigerian  attire and Beyonce with a darker complexion.  I caught this story a while back but I had to get you guys thoughts on this one. I’m sure Beyonce wasn’t expecting such backlash when she decided to model for the cover  of  the French magazines L’Officiel Paris 90th anniversary. An honour for her, I’m sure. The honour seems to come at the price and now the pictures have been branded insulting and offensive by many blog sites and print media.

It appears people are generally confused by her sudden interest to want to appear much darker  in complexion given that rumours are rife she is bleaching her skin. Looking at the pictures below I’m inclined to agree she is bleaching. I do however want to believe that MAYBE just MAYBE the fact that it is winter in America and it was daylight at the time and photography can be deceiving, could be the reasons she is looking so very pale in the picture below (was that too many excuses? ) If I’m honest it’s likely to be she is bleaching and I’m sure others would agree.  Either way Beyonce just can’t win! Did she do this to silence people that she has issues with being a darker complexion?

The artistic and African themed photo shoot of ‘Bey’ was aimed at paying tribute to Nigerian legend Fela Kuti. So far sonice, no offence here…Beyonce adorned both fabulous and flamboyant traditional Nigerian wears in addition to this years Gucci Spring collection. Beyonce apparently went to watch the theatre production of Fela that was produced by her husband Jay Z.  After watching it was inspired and wanted reflect her respect and admiration for Fela life and works with the pictures.

In a statement L’Officiel magazine explained ‘the shoot was aimed at symbolising a return to her African roots as you can see on the picture, on which her face was voluntarily darkened’.

However the debate ensued when Beyonce and the magazine thought it fitting to darken her skin. Comments on blogs and websites were saying ‘she is disrespecting herself by allowing her skin to be darkened’. I don’t see the offence here and can see that wanted to convey all shades complexion in relation to the tribute. What do think ? Offensive or a fair tribute?

CHECK OUT THE PICTURES BELOW

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Read Also
  • http://nmaame@ymail.com maame

People need to chill on this issue. If she wanna be lighter and be more vulnerable to getting skin cancer, thats her own problem not yours so they should chill and i must say she would look less pretty with that dark skin. God knows whats good for us. SIMPLE

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

• emmy

Haaaa…….. i am a dark skinned black woman, and not at all offended by that, in fact it doesn’t even faze me in a slightest. God made us the way we are for a reason, although white ppl want to make a mockery of our looks, to make us hate ourselves.  That’s why black men loathe women of such type. But we are stronger  than that, and we wont let it break us. #god bless#

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

• babe

I know She charged a lot of money just for this.And to be honest am sure She wouldnt have done it if it wasnt about money.Well, I think they only did that just to sell their products.Honestly the picture clearly shows that black people are more prettier, am saying this cuz I have come to realise ppl with fair skin are usually pretty cuz of their skin or with the hel of their skin color.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

I totally agree with you. Light skin people are only pretty or handosme because of the skin color. Dark people are the cutest amongst all skin colors.

Sveltana Køjik Reply:

I highly disagree with you! Blacks are the ugliest least wanted of all the human races. You can LOOK up that NIGGER women are the least desirable to men of all races next to Asian Men as least desirable to all female races.

You are at the bottom, where you belong you nasty filthy flea ridden she-ape niggers!

mary Reply:

If a black person tries to be white, tthey would be ugly too. For example Micheal Jackson was cute as a black man but when he bleached his skin, he became really ugly. Let’s just say we are more beautiful with our own natural skin

• Marian

she looks horrible being black. Seriously, black people are beautiful.

SassyChic Reply:

Yes we certainly are! :-) I think Bey looks odd because it’s only her face and it looks strange in contrast with the rest of the lighter complexion of her body. Also it’s not a natrual dark ,complexion, they probably used a very dark foundation, which would look weird the other way round ( light foundation on a dark person) im thinking if she were to tan in the sun and become darker she would be as stunning as the days when she had a bit more of a darker complexion. She looked healther and glowed…her tone now is very pale and pasty. The picure below is Beyonce in summer of 2010…I think she looks radiant! http://turbo.inquisitr.com/wp-content/2010/07/beyonce-knowles.jpg

yeahh you right sassy. In the pic where she was wearing black shoes, she looks pale and sick. She looked like a sicklar in that picture.

Sveltana Køjik Reply:

Black people look like APES and GORILLAS! Every time I see a nigger woman wearing makeup I wonder if she escaped from a make-up testing facility that tests on apes!

• http://www.mynewhitman.com/ myne Whitman

I think it was ignorant and controversial of Beyonce to do this shoot, but it’s her life I guess.

mother Reply:

yes mayne i agree it very ignorant and controversial of her ..especially knwing she is a black girl with light skin …

• NYC

I don’t know what the controversy is about. Beyonce’s ethnicity is black and race is African American and i bet she reported the same during 2010 US census. The fact that she is light skin accidentally through slave trade does not make her superior and beautiful than dark skin women if anything it should otherwise. Believe me i just like her to continue to be pretty and not open her mouth to talk because definitely i don’t want her to represent black women.

• FloxyCI

You right maame, and to tell you the truth everything about her is fake, she herself is a fake person. Just look at a picture of her sister Solange and compare, they have nothing in common so that shows that her image and her form is all plastic surgery. She has her whole body redone to get that appearance.

• Coolyn

If u see a white lady paint her black and gues how horrible she would look like.and paint a black lady white and gues how beutiful she would look .so back is beuty.

• Svetlana Køjik

Beyonce is a putrid savage ass nigger she-ape. LOL That dumb stinking nigger WISHES she was WHITE. It cracks me up every time I see a niggress like herself pay thousand of dollars to try and bleach her skin to mimic the color of her superior masters.

DARK SKIN OR LIGHT SKIN YOU’RE ALL NIGGERS TO US WHITES.
    NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HOUSE SLAVE AND A FIELD SLAVE.

• Pingback: wedding dj perth