New Hair New You – Dare To Be Different!17 Comments

By SassyChic
Posted on 02 Jan 2011 at 12:32am

Kim Kardashian's New Braided Look

Kim Kardashian for New Music Video 'Turn It Up'

Kim Kardashian's Signature Look

Kim Kardashian was recently spotted rockin’ her new braided hair that she swapped in place of her usual long wavy locks as she went for her gym workout. I’m not so  keen on the look to be honest BUT hey she tried something new right so kudos to her. So now I need some inspiration for what to change my locks and looks to. I need a new hair do to go with my new can-do attitude ;-)

If you’re anything like me you don’t quite feel on point and sassy if your locks aren’t lookin’ slick and sweet! I can remeber a few times returning from hair salons and going straight back when I still can’t get over the bumps and lumps that were hidden from my view. It’s crazy right? The London Times News Paper once wrote an article about the fact that black women spend the most amount of money on their hair out of all the different cultural backgrounds. I read the titlle of the article and thought…say no more. I put my hand up, but not in shame. I dont much care for spending £200 on a pair of shoes but i’ll do that for my hair in a hot minute!

So as always getting ahead of myself  I’m thinking of what hair style to go for next! I’m gonna surprise and shock my people because I’m not known for my creativity, I’ve pretty much kept to the same style year in year out with maybe a bit of colour or varitey in length.  I guess if  I could borrow Beyonce or Rihanna’s stylist and bank balance I would probably be a lot more adventurous ;-)

Here are the celebrities that have dared to be different with their locks!

Beyonce is known for her signature long blond streaks but as a striving actress she went out of her way to rock this short quiff hair style for her role in Cadilac Records. I don’t actually like it and it’s obvious longer hair looks much better on her but it’s all about tryin’ something new!

This is actually a wig on Ciara but I think it looks great on her! Got to love the wigs for a good way of experimenting with possible looks.

Rhianna's Signature Short Cropped Hair

A little colour never hurt but I tend to think when it comes the Rhianna’s ever changing eye-catching hairstyles it’s more of a show case. However she really went all out of her comfort zone and went for a curly shoulder length deep red look. Rhianna then swiftly moves on to this questionable  long bright red hair style….a few curls of waves could have toned the second look down a bit I think.

Brandy has always been known for her braided hair for the early part of her career but has also jumped on the lace weave bandwagon! I was even more impressed when I saw this one-off shot of her with short cropped her. I defintlely think she could carry this short cropped look!

Saving the best and most daring hairstyle change till last! I guess if Beyonce was my big sister I would want a different way of standing out in the crowd! In all honesty not that many people are lucky enough to get away with the shaved hair look ( like Amber Rose) but once again I give her props for daring to be different. I’m sure now it’s winter she’s grown it out now ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Read Also
  • maame

aww Kim is working those braids and awwhh am loving beyonce’s hair  cut. She probably grew it back and ohh riri is rockingg those red hairs! is good that she’s getting back with long hairs.

mamizzle Reply:

i love the red curls too

SassyChic Reply:

She apparently did the braids for her new music video that was produced by The Dream and Directed by Hype Williams n Hype  Williams Kanye…watch this space ladies! Her video shud be…hmmmm interesting lol

• mamizzle

that is sooo true! I tried a short wig too and am reaping compliments like somthing! before i always had long curly weave! New Year, New Mamizzle lol

lool me too mamizzle. I got my hair shorter this time and it really brings my face out. I’m get compliments here and there you know lol

• Marian

I have always tried short straight and curly weave on but this year i have tried straight long weave on. I hope to change again.

yahh new look babe!

• GoldenGurl

I’m gonna really try a curly wig I think! I cud neva go red I’ll try the wig for a laugh just to get an idea!

haha yeahh i wanted to dye my hair red but my mom said nah so i gave up.

mother Reply:

i love the colour red ..and am feeling RIRIS curly red hair …would love to have a weave in with it mix with black ..i once had a weave in in red mixed with dark brown ..it was great …but as for dyes its not good for chemically treated hair …

• GoldenGurl

Wow I always thought Solange-Beyonce’s sister was brave to shave her hair off like that! wow good for her I guess although not in this weather lol. Yea to be honest the only chick i’ve seen that that shaved head really suits is Amber Rose…which is saying a lot becuase I am not a fan at all of that one.

• kendall

i am 43 and blonde have fine hair to my showders .im thanking about cutting it sort in the back an long on the sides.what do you thank?

• kendall

im blonde have baby fine hair below my showders.and im thanking of going dark brown and cutting it short in back.and long on the sides.and layering it.what do u think.my best friend said i should.let me know soon?

SassyChic Reply:

Hi Kendell. Good to see the post is inspiring you guys! Wow thinking of doing a bit of a Victoria Beckham look huh ;-)  I wanted to ask about your hair type! Is your hair fine naturally or is it due to over-processing causing damage. If it’s damaged it’s never a good idea to colour it in that condition as it is likely to worsen the situation. You may need to trim and treat it first. However if your natural hair type is fine and your looking for inspiration why not try on a wig just to see if it the style will fit you! I tend to do long styles as well but have tried on a few short styled wigs to get an idea of how I would look. Have to be honest I wasn’t feeling it but at least I didn’t go through the whole thing of spending and cutting hair that would take ages to grow back… If you do it and it works then you can cut away as you will now what it’s likely to look like! Let us know what you decide Kendall!

• http://www.lookgoodnlovely.blogspot.com solomon

the hair is one of the best if not the best thing a woman should take care of in her whole body

• Cornell Tappeiner

Great post. I agree with author totally, especially last words. Keep writing posts like this one.

• Pingback: Famco Blog