Break The Rules! Summer Shades In Winter43 Comments

By Sazzy A
Posted on 27 Nov 2010 at 4:52pm

It’s tempting to wear the darker nail polish colours in the winter but there are no rules that say you can’t go bright and vibrant on those cold chilly and grey days. These shades are right on the ‘nail’ for a burst of summer during the winter.

Barry M is a London Based makeup brand that will make autumn/winter the new season to look forward to!  An array of nail colours perfect for all skin tones from Mahogany to honey, no more black or navy polish to wear with the autumn typical wardrobe, the Barry M varnish in coral is the perfect colour pop for the autumn/winter season that floods the shops with browns, blacks and grey!

This brand of varnish shows how you don’t have to pay over £10 for a quality polish. It leaves a smooth and shiney finish plus it lasts for days (minus the instense spring cleaning session of course lol) - tried and tested!

Tips! Before you use your main nail polish use a clear varnish or base coat before the main colour to protect the nails. Darker or brighter colours can damage and stain your nails leaving it an odd colour!

Add an extra kick to the finishing look your nails by using the Barry M clear varnish over the top of your dried nail varnish. I use the Barry M brand of clear varnish even when I use other more expensive brands. Pictures 1 & 2 are examples of this. Picture 3 is without the clear varnish top coat. See the difference?

I plan to wear the coral shade with a gold wrist watch and an abundance of autumn winter staples, including furs, tweeds, leathers and the seasons must have; a camel coat.

Buy Barry M for £2.95 online or at all good Boots or Superdrug stores.  If you’re lucky and feel spoilt for choice on the colours you can pick up two for £5, and bag yourself the lilac shade that will have people stopping you in the street asking how you got your summer fix in the autumn.

Bright Pink

Lilac

Coral

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Read Also
  • maame

I love the colors purple and pink so i like pic 1 & 2..

SassyChic Reply:

The Pink’s my fav. See what I mean about the clear varnish over the top? Makes big diff.

ohh yeahh it makes it shine.

marian Reply:

I can see that miss sassychic. cos this site is full of pinks. lol. Have just realised that.

marian Reply:

Pink is also for ladies and girls. I remember giving a pink overall to my little boy to wear, he refused. He even knows whats for girls. lol

Adjoa Nbaaso) Reply:

Dont forget we are in the 21st century Marian.They are very smart.You know what, my little niece have been warned not to watch any african movie cuz of the bad scenes our actors/actresses portray these days.I went to their house and she came to sit next to me whiles I was watching a movie.Well as a big sis I asked her to go into her room to watch her disneyland stuffs but she wouldn’t. So then as we watch the movie,these part came with two people kissing, Eh come and see madam, She immediately closed her eyes and hid her face in her palms.I was like ” “Ehh nkolaa mu aba di3 mu hu y3 hu papa”so you know what they are actually doing in the movie?hmmm.”Endi3 shw3 preko mom na suya ni ntem”…lol meaning its better you watch and learn early.Anyway kids of today are no more naive like we thought they were.Eh not forgetting my younger sister, She would pretend coughing when a scene like that pops up and then walks up to me and goes like “Adjoa menum nsuo”Am like “Twen na yen shw3 movie ni nwie”.Azaaaa kids all over the world ooo…

Lol they pretend they not watching it but literally they are lol. I remEMber i used to do that like when those scenes show up, my mom will be like staring at me and i cover my face will my palm but cause am soo bad.. i keep peeking through in between of my fingers to watch it lol and my mom thinking i covered my face..

marian Reply:

naaaaaaaaah, maame wo ye akola boni papaapa. lol

Hahaha how old is he?

Adjoa Nbaaso) Reply:

Maame cousin is 10, sister is 7.Eh, but they smart like adults…lol.Surprises me.

Adjoa Nbaaso) Reply:

lol, maame you asking about Marian’s kid..my mistake.Marian come and answer your question ooo.

marian Reply:

He is just 2yrs.He can even come and tell u to wake up from bed.

lol ohh okay hahaha i was asking both of yall though :)

• maame

but dang anyways whoever’s picture is that has some good long nails.  lucky her.

marian Reply:

I have very short nails. Do u know why? I chew them. lol. They grow and i chew. very funny.

Adjoa Nbaaso) Reply:

Hehehehee, I know ppl who chew their nails are usually shy ppl…lol.Well I stand to be corrected …Or they sometimes do it when they are nervous or got a lot on their minds.

marian Reply:

You are right with all that u’ve just said. I am shy,always nervous, n have a lot on my mind too. hhmmmmmmmmm.that’s me ooo.lol What about u maame?

Adjoa Nbaaso) Reply:

I agree with you sassy.Although brighter colours are usually for the summer, I feel they can also be good for winter too.Well because its cold and everybody is kinda moody due to the weather, so then I guess application of some brighter colors could really help.Ok, Am not sure about others but I personally have a big deal with colours.It does a lot of good to me, especially to my mood.luv the 2nd nail polish.lilac!!!Anyway seriously I would ve called that colour purple instead of lilac…lol

LOL HAHA I SECOND THAT MARIAN.. I KINDA CHEW MINE TOO BUT THEY JUST SHORT. I ALWAYS WANT TO HAVE FAKE NAILS ON BUT MY MOM WONT LET ME UNLESS IS AN OCCASION. AND YEAH TRUE THAT ADJOA.

Golden Gurl Reply:

I would say Purple is a lot darker, this is more lilac…a brighter purple basically. Barry M does this really nice dark purple lov it…bit of a fan can you tell lol.

• Golden Gurl

Yep feelin the pink…nice on that tone of skin. I’ve got some of the darker colours but yea I do automatically go for the safer shades.

word

• sazzy akinola

love love love the coral!

I know right. I love nail polish! Black, white, yellow, purple, pink. Any color so if yall getting me my christmas present, yall kinda have an idea of what i want.

and thank you lol

• marian

Choosing colours is important. it will make one look crazy when not chosen correctly.

ohh yeah and one thing Ghanaians need to stop is COMBINATION. They want to match everything they wear like seriously is getting outmoded. And talking about colors, Some colors when is on wont make you feel that cold.. like a black coat..

marian Reply:

aha i agree.

yeah. you know that when you comment a lot. a message pops and be like “slow down, you commenting too fast” lol is soo funny.

• marian

I loce the coral and the lilac. mmmwaaa!

marian Reply:

I mean i love the colours coral and the lilac.

yeahhh they cute colors. But it will be better if it’s on some long shaped nails.

• crazybelle

your fingers aren’t nice at all! hyperpigmentation and all

GoldenGurl Reply:

Lets see yours then LOL…anyway it’s all about the nails honey the nails…

Adjoa Nbaaso) Reply:

Did you expect some white fingers or what?No wonder you are called “crazy”

craztbelle Reply:

wasn’t expecting white fingers but some colours just dont go with blacks! and her fingers are exceptionally hyperpigmented-did u see those nail beds! lord

marian Reply:

If it is the colours and the black skin u r commenting, fine but I don’t agree with u on how u talk abt the person’s fingers. Can u reframe ur comments pls b’cos whoever she is has been kind enough to allow her fingers to be used for us all to see. Thanks

ohh just be quiet!!

marian Reply:

Say that again my dearest Adwoa.

i know huh.. wth would you say that? if she hate’s the person’s hands that much then am pretty sure you dont wanna come on this site! JEALOUSY!!

marian Reply:

Do u know whose fingers it is anyway? u don’t say that abt someone. That’s too harsh.

Ok girl, that was a real harsh comment! You dont know her and am pretty sure the person wont be glad to see your comments. I know yours aint that good as you claim! You definetly jealous cause her’s is better than yours.

• maame

I love purple too golden girl! It rocks. :)